Modern data protection.
Protect all your data. Everywhere.
By 2019 78% of organizations will use the cloud for backup. Small businesses to growing enterprises need a dependable and cost-effective backup solution they can trust; one that protects their data, no matter where it resides.
- Powerful protection in a single, unified solution across Virtual, Physical and Cloud.
- Integrate easily with a broad range of cloud service providers.
- Protect one to thousands of virtual machines from a single console.
- Benefit from advanced integration with the latest software releases, including Microsoft®Server, Microsoft® Hyper-V and VMware® vSphere®.
Protect against external threats
If the unthinkable happens, be confident all your critical data is backed up and can be recovered quickly and easily.
- Reduce vulnerability and exposure to ransomware and other threats.
- Automate workflows that help to remain compliant with data protection regulations like GDPR.
- Recover data in a few simple clicks with intelligent dashboards and intuitive wizards.
Respond to growing demands
Designed for tomorrow’s world, Backup Exec helps you keep pace and respond to digital transformation.
- Back up to virtually any storage device with our comprehensive software and hardware compatibility lists.
- Do away with unnecessary and costly lock-ins.
- Accelerate your cloud journeywith native cloud connectors for AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google.
Less expensive to run
Our unified protection across virtual, physical and multi-cloud environments, solve the problems point solutions create.
- A single pane of glass interface simplifies administration. Initial installation and configuration is up to 75% faster*.
- Fast and efficient backups with intelligent, cloud deduplication capabilities.
- Benefit from 59% lower 5-Year Total Cost of Ownership*.
What’s new in Backup Exec?
Cloud-ready capability you can trust.
Subscription licensing gives you access to our award-winning unified data protection solution software with upgrades and new feature releases rolled into a single, term subscription license.
- Public preview of the integration of Veritas Information Map with Backup Exec.
- Get to the cloud, from the cloud and in the cloud with ease.
- Target backups to your own S3 compatible cloud storage.
- Improve performance and reduce cost with intelligent deduplication to cloud.
- Better utilization of available network bandwidth with Veritas Backup Exec™ CloudConnect Optimizer.
- Easily protect cloud data by hosting Backup Exec in the cloud along with your workloads.
Backup that confidently serves your cloud strategy.
Decrease storage TCO with cost-effective solutions.
Backup is extremely useful when you need it, and something you should constantly optimize. Now, you can reduce your financial and administrative footprint. Backup Exec supports your organization’s cloud strategy and gives you the power to choose long-term, low-cost compute and storage.
- Use direct public cloud connectors to AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Storage.
- Choose flexible hybrid-cloud gateway options from AWS, Microsoft, and NetApp.
- Run Backup Exec in the cloud on AWS EC2 or the Azure platform.
- Optimize costs with hot and cool storage support.